Last week’s show at Kaufleuten was our last one. It’s time to call it a day. We had such a wonderful trip. Thanks to everyone we’ve met along the way – everyone who shared the love or just a drink. You know who you are. Without you, this trip would not have been half as much fun.
I know, it’s been a while since we last posted something to this site. But hey, now we’re back. At least in digital form.
A lot has happened here at Camp CHOO CHOO. After travelling through Southeast Asia between January and April, me and Lili moved to Stockholm, where we plan to live at least for a year. We touched ground the 1st of May and are currently busy setting up our new life in the heart of Scandinavia.
We’re exploring the city, meeting new people, learning to speak swedish and generally sucking in every unknown sound & impression. These are very inspirational times. And that’s exactly what we were looking for. Playing in a band is one hell of an adventure, but it’s also a hell lot of routine. 2012 is a year to break out. A year of creativity.
That said CHOO CHOO will only be playing a couple of single shows this year. So, don’t miss these 2 summer gigs:
August 1st 2012 at Estivale Open Air in Estavayer le Lac
August 15th 2012 at Kaufleuten Zürich
I’ve already written a good chunk of new music – and I’ll be writing as much as I can up here in Stockholm. Let’s see where the music takes us.
01. Crocodiles – Sunday
02. Eight and a Half – Go Ego
03. Mr Little Jeans – Runaway
04. alt-J (∆) Breezeblocks
05. Boy Crisis – L’Homme
06. Tongue Tied – GROUPLOVE
07. Delilah – Love You So
08. LCTRISC – Please Wait On Yourself
09. Russian Red – Everyday Everynight
10. School of Seven Bells – Reappear
01. Juveniles – We Are Young
02. Crystal Fighters – At Home
03. THE SHOES – TIME TO DANCE
04. Miike Snow – The Wave
05. AIR BAG ONE – Whatever You Want
06. The War on Drugs – Brothers
07. The Dodos – Black Night
08. Lo-Fi-Fnk – Kissing Taste
09. First Aid Kit – Emmylou
10. Bon Iver – Towers
01. YUKSEK – Off the Wall
02. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound
03. Francis – Reaktor
04. We Have Band – Where Are Your People?
05. Swatka City – Somewhere Along The Line
06. San Cisco – Awkward
07. Spector – Chevy Thunder
08. The Whip – Movement
09. Django Django – Default
10. WU LYF – WE BROS
We’ve been drifting along Thailand’s beautiful coast for 3 weeks now. Life takes a different colour and speed here on these shores. We’ve seen so
many beautiful lines and we’ve listened to so many beautiful songs. Here’s our vacation mixtape for you. Straight from the Andaman Sea. Enjoy.
Dan & Lili
Das Popmusikfestival m4music und die Solothurner Filmtage präsentieren die besten Schweizer Musikclips des Jahres 2011 auf Grossleinwand.
“We Go” mit Popkorn in der Hand schauen – folgende Kinos machen’s möglich:
Freitag, 20. Januar, 20h; Kino Uferbau; Filmtage Solothurn
Samstag, 21. Januar, 13h; Kino Uferbau; Filmtage Solothurn
Sonntag, 29. Januar, 21h; Kino Riffraff; Zürich
Freitag, 03. Februar, 23h; Kino Bourbaki; Luzern
Hier lang, falls du das Video noch nicht gesehen hast.
1. Gotye Somebody That I Used To Know feat Kimbra
2. Alexander – TRUTH
3. Joan As Police Woman – The Magic
4. Blood Orange – Sutphin Boulevard
5. School of Seven Bells – I L U
6. SBTRKT – “Wildfire”
7. Queen – I Want To Break Free
8. Junip – Black Refuge
9. Beirut – Santa Fe
10. Bon Iver – Calgary
1. MILANO SUN – ALREADY GONE
2. Jinja Safari – ‘Hiccups’
3. Theme Park – Milk
4. The Maccabees – Pelican
5. Fulton Lights – “Staring Out The Window”
6. Sébastien Tellier – Look
7. Patrick Wolf – Together
8. The Hundred In The Hands – Pigeons
9. BRETON – EDWARD THE CONFESSOR
10. James Blake – Lindisfarne